<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

First day

I had my first day of my new study today, Information and Communication Sciences (a study that has to do with what the name implies, but a large part of it is a modern foreign language, Spanish, French, German or English-- I chose the last). I was quite nervous, seeing I have to start all over again. Also, it still feels very weird not being part of the Psychology faculty anymore. After two years, it really felt as if I was part of that faculty, even though the study itself wasn't really my thing.

I've had a wonderful time the past two years with Psychology, all due to the friends I have there. In the first year, I had so much fun with Sascha, Dagmar, Renate and to a lesser extent Zdena-- the 2nd year I had a lot of fun with Renate (Sascha, Dagmar and Zdena stopped), Mascha, Henriƫtte and Malou. There were a lot of other nice people too, but I can't name all of you.

Anyway, this first day went pretty fine. I had a sort of introductory course first; all easy stuff that I already knew from the past two years. After that, I had my first real course: English Grammar! Woohoo! I'm finally learning Real English! My English might look pretty decent, it's still all street knowledge. The English I studied at high school added little to no extra value to my language skills.

Oh, and there's a really cute looking girl in my class! :).
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

4:31 PM, by Blogger Chris

Here's some regional slang I've picked up in my time living in various parts of the US:

"Howdy" is not a way to say hi. It means "How do you do?".
"Wicked Awesome" Popular here in New England. Something isn't just awesome, it's really wicked awesome.
"Bless her/his little heart". This is used in the south. It's a very polite way of saying "Go to hell, or fuck off".
"Finer than frog's hair" I heard this a few times in North Carolina. Weird.    



» Post a Comment