<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Cogs can think.

As you surely've seen by now, I have changed a few things on my blog.

I renamed my blog to "Cogs can think." It stems from this post, and I really like the analogy of the world being a huge clockwork of stupidity, in which we are nothing but mere cogs, without a true free will, all connected to one another. Every action has an equal reaction.

I thought of this analogy myself (ahey), but I'm pretty sure on what it's based: "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland", and part II, "Through The Looking Glass" (previous entry about dear Alice).

So, what is the goal of my ramblings and rants here? Well, a lot has happened in my personal life this year-- my mother's illness, me quitting psychology, taking on a new study-- and it's really miraculous to see how I've changed in that period; from a kid, to more of a, dare I say it, grown-up. Well, sort of. The real Thom is still there-- I'll never really grow up. What were you thinking.

I'm trying to understand what makes the clockwork of stupidity tick. The world, politics, music, film, social life, computing, automotive, all from my very own paradigm. And on this blog, screw everybody else's.

That's it, basically. Oh, and in the future I might buy me a nice domain name, put Wordpress on it, and stop leaching off of Google.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment