<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Airport Extreme

Just bought me an Airport Extreme card for my iBook (a hefty €79,-), and so I'm making this post wirelessly... Which is quite awesome seeing we don't have a wireless router! I'm assuming the network I'm connected to now is from accross the street; I'll check it out when I'm there tonight (I take care of their cats and house while they're on vacation). If it is indeed their network, I could easily make use of it, as they are very friendly people and I assume would be happy to let me browse the internet using their wireless router.

Cool stuff!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

7:46 PM, by Blogger Andrew Youll

Ah drunken logic at its best; buy wireless network card, without owning a wireless router...

you might want to tell you neighbours to use WEP, WPA or WPA2 key to stop little theives like you self getting free internet lol.    



7:56 PM, by Blogger Thom Holwerda

Yeah, I'll talk to them about this, obviously.

Oh and it's not drunken logic, I bought this card for use at my university; we now have full wireless coverage throughout campus.    



12:28 AM, by Anonymous Eugenia

If these people didn't want their WiFi stolen, they should encrypt it. That's why there are 4-5 different encryptions techniques available to choose from. All they have to do is get a clue and select a checkbox.

I have my own wifi network at home, but when my ISP is down sometimes (and it is the biggest cable ISP in the country) I have to use an open network somewhere next door. But I am careful to just use it minimally, just to check my email. I don't abuse it in any way.    



2:11 AM, by Blogger Chris

I live in the rurals; I'm the nearest WAP for about 5 miles, I think.    



» Post a Comment