<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Weekend

The ultimate setting for complete relaxation: cold outside, a belly full of delicious foods, lying on my bed, Marie Fredriksson's best vocal perfomance ever blasting through my speakers, iBook in front of me, and best of all, a magnificent cup of coffee made from best-of-breads beans from Sumatra, Indonesia.

What a way to celebrate weekend :).

Now playing: Roxette, "Dressed For Success"

Update: Now playing is Roxette's best song ever, and also my one favourite song of all time, of ever, since eternity: "Joyride"! Roxette is... I've been listening to Roxette since 1991 (I was 7!), I still remember me and my brother going to the Library to rent the "Joyride" album tape (they rented those there). Just... So much good memories in one song and one album... Roxette is a band not to be underestimated; the press does that continiously, but everyone always is astounded to hear that Roxette is one of the best-selling duos in musical history. Roxette basically invented two completely new music genres: that of the 'power-ballad' (ie. "It must have been love" from the "Pretty Woman" movie), and that of the 'bubblegum and balloonfarm rock' (Roxette came up with that name themselves). There still isn't anyone that ever came close to Roxette.

To me, they mean a lot. Also the fact that Marie Fredriksson recently survived a heavy case of cancer makes it all the more real to me. Lots of respect to this duo; after Abba, Sweden's most succesfull export product.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11:19 PM, by Blogger Chris

I like Roxette, too. I was first married in 1991. Egads, I feel old.    



» Post a Comment