<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Sticky phone

Okay, that post I made last night is just screaming for an expanation, isn't it? Here it is!

It's a true thing of Noord-Holland, more specifically of West-Friesland (the region of Noord-Holland where I live). Once a year, usually on a course of three days, each tiny fcuking settlement in these lowlands gets completely drunk, wasted, and shameless. It's called Kermis (not to be mistaken for the Dutch word for Christmas, Kerstmis), and to any outsider it just looks like harmless fun; a ferris wheel, bumper cars, merry-go-rounds, the whole lot. However, I urge you to take a closer look.

Kermis is nothing more than an excuse for everyone to consume lots and lots of alcohol. It's truly a magical experience, not seen anywhere else in the world. All fights are forgotton, age means nothing, everyone likes everyone, everyone buys everyone beer, everyone tries to score on the opposite sex, and all this starts at 8 in the morning (I only go at evenings though).

So, that's my excuse. I have no idea how much I drank, I do know talking to lots of people, going on the ferris wheel with Renée (she made the usual joke: "I can see my house form here!"), shooting for points (I performed like ass this year), phoning Renaatje (she even sent back a txt msg), phoning Marcel ("in the army noooow"), phoning Bianc (okay, EJ did that and I don't think Bianc was all that amused), taking lots of pisses everywhere, doing some folkloristic dancing at one of the pubs, sending a txt msg to Mascha why on earth she wasn't at the kermis (turns out she was, in the same pub actually), loosing my phone (thanks Lizet, for finding it in a pile of empty beer glasses, now how to explain why it's so sticky?), and at the end talking nonsense to some 16-year-old girls outside one of our pubs, who were from a place a few villages up north. And suddenly everyone else of my group was gone, and if there's one thing I hate, it's not having my friends around to fall back on when I'm not having any luck with women (or girls in this case).

Before I knew it, I was at home making that blog post. Just so you know. I'll scan the photos for y'all enjoyment in a few days.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment