<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://draft.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Eight things that suck about living in 2005

  • All good music has already been made. The Eagles, Frank Sinatra, Dire Straits, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Elvis Presley... I missed it all. I was not around when the really cool stuff was happening in music. These days the charts are riddled with cheap hiphop, catchy rock-nonsense, and bands trying really hard to be individual, but in that struggle become hopelessly dull (Keane, Coldplay, etc).

  • My country is now actually a target by terrorists. Thank you very much, prime-minster Balkenende and George W. Bush, you made trips to Amsterdam something to think about. Really, I shouldn't run into either of you in a dark alley at night. I might do something stupid.

  • Normal (so don't count in Ferraris and Aston Martins and such) cars don't look as cool as they did in the 60s.

  • Speed-traps. They are getting more clever every minute. Ugh.

  • Men aren't walking on the moon anymore. Presidents aren't getting shot. Why can't we have worldwide important events that don't involve mass-murder?

  • Football has become a money-centric industry. I want Cruyff! I want Pele! I want Lenstra!

  • Getting a house is impossible. No wait, scrap that-- getting a house has always been a bitch in this country-- it was in 1945, in 1955, in 1965... And it still is in 2005.

  • Flight-attendants aren't as cute anymore as they used to be. Really, get those women back on my plane! Where's the fun in flying without immensly beautiful women serving me my Martinis?
  • « Home | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »

    8:30 AM, by Blogger Tom

    Matchbox 20 and LiveJournals! Oh yeah!    



    2:29 PM, by Anonymous Anonymous

    Good day! 

    I need help with my crappy computer! It is always freezing when i open IE and going to MSN? What do you think?

    Wow, I've found the same to be true too!  Where did you get that at?  

    See you soon! Girly Girl 



    how I make money with paid surveys    



    5:00 PM, by Anonymous Anonymous

    Hello! 

    what is your favorite color of....mine is blue!

    By the way, I love that too!  Where did you get that at?  

    Bye, - MyGirl! 



    gspot.com>see how I make free money with paid online surveys
       



    » Post a Comment