<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Weird hobby

While I was sitting here waiting for YaST Online Update to finish the massive update I planned for SuSE 9.3, I figured I might as well clean out my 'shoeboxes'. My shoeboxes are a collection of shoeboxes (ahey) that contain three things: my collection of photo's, my collection of computer hardware and cables, and most importantly, my collection of manuals.



Those are four shoeboxes packed To The Maxx™ with all sorts of manuals, leaflets, guarantee certificates and the likes that date back to 1990 (and some are even older). Ranging from games, to TV sets, to Hifi systems, to mice, to kitchen apparatus, and much, much more. For some strange reason I decided a few years ago that I was going to bring all the manuals etc. in this house together and hold on to them for eternity. Well, the above picture shows where I'm at now.

My most precious manuals are the original manuals that came with my parents' 286 computer back in 1991. I have all the paperwork that came with it; from the dot-matrix printer, to the monitor, to the computer itself. But the ones I am the most fond of are these:



Yes, that's the complete G2 Computer Systems branded Microsoft Windows 3 manual and original diskettes *and* the complete G2 system manual (for the computer itself), from 1991. It's truly something that geeks will appreciate. I still run that version of Windows somewhere on an old Pentium 200 Mhz, but the machine lacks a videocard.

So, if you have manuals that you don't need anymore, preferably of old stuff, please contact me at my email address (slakje AT quicknet DOT nl), so you can get my contact details.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

11:24 PM, by Anonymous blog

HI Blogger ,

How about advertising all your links on Yahoo, Google, Msn, Altavista, Alexa and any other site you may ever want to advertise on? Even on the White House website if you want. ;-)

Did you know that one textlink on Msn.co.uk costs $12,000.00 PER DAY??

We offer you to advertise on any of those site for only $45,00 a go.

Curious? > www.googleranksoftware.com

Advertise on the top 100,000.00 Alexa sites for $45,00 only!

Check it out!!
Googleranksoftware.com    



2:35 PM, by Anonymous pay survey

HI Blogger ,

How about advertising all your links on Yahoo, Google, Msn, Altavista, Alexa and any other site you may ever want to advertise on? Even on the White House website if you want. ;-)

Did you know that one textlink on Msn.co.uk costs $12,000.00 PER DAY??

We offer you to advertise on any of those site for only $45,00 a go.

Curious? > www.googleranksoftware.com

Advertise on the top 100,000.00 Alexa sites for $45,00 only!

Check it out!!
Googleranksoftware.com    



4:47 PM, by Anonymous debt consolidation

Hi, I have seen all very good Debt Consolidation websites, but debt consolidation from www.debt-consolidation.com is the one that saved my bum.. :) I am so happy to be out of debt! Sarah Lee, Usa.    



» Post a Comment