<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Support Haiku AND yT

As I already wrote in my review, I'm really impressed by Zeta R1. This thing is, to me at least, stable as a rock, fast, and responsive. The pref app is stable, doesn't crash or hang regurlarly anymore.

I was really surprised by the amount of BeOS r5 zealots in the comments section. They are so hell-bent on r5, that anything yT does, will be shot down by them. yT is currently the only entitiy trying to keep BeOS alive AND has a usable product *NOW*, and all those zealots do is complain. Complain, complain, complain. Tabs arent r5-ish enough. Scrollbars aren't r5-ish. Preference app isn't BeOS-y enough. Icons aren't old and jagg-edged enough. I already knew that the BeOS community had some serious problems concerning legacy, but this is just amazing. It's like a bunch of people holding on desperatly to a piece of technology that's 6 years old.

Let me do an 'if'. If Be did not do a focus shift, if they did not go under, what would BeOS look like now? I'm quite sure that it wouldn't be far away from where Zeta is now, only a bit more advanced probably. Would those zealots still have complained? I highly doubt it.

These people should learn to deal with the fact that Be, Inc. is tits up. They're not coming back. It's over. yellowTAB stood up to take over the stick. And as far as I'm concerned, they're doing a really good job trying to please one of the hardest-to-please communities in the computing scene. If you truly love BeOS, you support Haiku AND yT. It's as simple as that.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

2:58 PM, by Blogger Chris

I was really impressed by your review. Zeta is far better than I thought it would be and it has me excited. I can't wait to buy it.

ziz    



1:06 PM, by Blogger Andre

I do like Zeta.
But that does not mean that I have to think it feels like the old BeOS.
Be Inc. is no more, Yellowtab is now.

I do somethimes ask myself what Be was still there, what would BeOS look like then now. I think it would have been better.But I think they would have changed the theme too.    



» Post a Comment