<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Minislack *Update*

Out to test Minislack on my PII-400. It's my 'BeBox86' (I'm really bad with originality), I know, but hey I'm waiting for enough cash-flow to order Zeta R1. Been hearing some really good stuff about Minislack, and I hope it flies at least a bit on that computer, as it 'only' has 192 MBRAM (sad that Linux fails to improve on memory usage).

And I forgot to tell, sent out a mail to Sun NL whether they know when or if the Ultra 20 (and for what price) comes to The Netherlands. Went all honest on how I'm planning on using it as a desktop. Also made sure that they know I have a Ultra 5, can't hamr to show I got Sun stuff :).

Update: Dumped Minislack, it used Lilo and Lilo didn't completely remove the older GRUB, so the machine gave a GRUB error. In 1999 I might have accepted that, but it's 2005 goddamnit. So, I went with Hoary, which I'm installing as we speak.

Now playing: The Eagles - (the amazing saxophone solo in) "Sad Café"
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3:41 AM, by Blogger Chris

I am trying Slackware...ye gods!    



» Post a Comment