<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Weekend & Week

Had a wonderful weekend and start of the week!

Saturdayeve Renate came over to my place. We had a nice, relaxed evening watching Dit Was Het Nieuws and the entire 1st season of Fawlty Towers on DVD. I believe I went to bed at around 04:00 :).

Sunday, my grandma celebrated her 83rd birthday. Was nice to see the family again.

Monday wasn't all that exciting. Today, however, was :). I again met up with Renate, this time in big city Alkmaar. Renate went shopping for clothes, and I went along for company, but ended up buying a few things too. I bought a new shirt and two new posters (one of Marylin Monroe, and another one that I cannot describe). Renaat bought two new jeans, a pair of shoes and two new bellybutton piercings (freaky stuff). Oh yeah I also bought the new Top Gear.

And when I came home (had to drop off Renate first at Alkmaar Central Station), another surprise was waiting: my Palm Tungsten E2! Damn, that thing rocks! The gadget factor is so over the top, not funny anymore! I'll probably review this thing for Exp Zone, not sure yet.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

8:41 PM, by Anonymous Tomasz

How much did the Palm cost and what's the use of it *for you*? I'm a gadget fan myself as well and people like us don't need any explanation apart from the geek factor, but I'm curious.    



10:12 PM, by Anonymous Anonymous

I use my PDAs just for the geek factor, and some light web browsing, and some video viewing some times when away.

I never use them for the reason they were created for: calendaring, contacts etc.

Eugenia    



5:12 PM, by Blogger Thom Holwerda

I actually do use it for what it's intended for; just this morning someone from Uni rang and told me she had an unexpected meeting this afternoon, and if we could reschedule our appointment. Still half asleep (she rang early), I got my Palm and deleted the appointment of this afternoon, created a new one for next week, pressed the Sync button (wireless sync via Bluetooth), and went back to sleep. When I woke up I checked my mail, I also opened iCal and all the appointments were edited. Awesome stuff :).

All my contacs from Adress Book are also synced into my Palm; very handy. And of course it's really handy that I configured my iBook as a BT acces point, so I can internet with my Palm.

And yeah, geek factor :).    



» Post a Comment