<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Eugenia leaves OSNews.com

The end of an era? I knew that this day was coming, but still.

I've been reading OSNews.com for about 3 years now; I've submitted numerous articles and news items there. My best article was also published on OSNews.com.

It's a shame to see Eugenia quitting OSNews. It's completely understandable though; the amount of extreme zealots on OSNews was simply overwhelming; and over the past three years I've seen some seriously ugly words being sent her direction, by kids who probably have never seen a real girl before. It's sad that it has to go this way, but hey that's life.

Anyway, I wish to thank Eugenia for the work she has put into OSNews.com, GnomeFiles.org and of course the new Dusty-Computing. It's been a productive three years for me on OSNews, and the experience I gained there are now put to use for my work at Expert Zone. I learned a lot from how news items ought to be posted from simply looking at OSNews.

I'm afraid that Eugenia's exit will also mean the end for OSNews as the numero uno for news on alternative computing (Slashdot is for the kids I just mentioned). Even though I'm quite sure that this will be the end, it might also not be. However, don't get your hopes up. I now know how hard work it is to keep a computing news site up-to-date, and trust me, it's not a simple job. It's plain working, goddamnit :). Don't expect a replacement to be found easily (I once thought of asking to become a news editor on OSNews, but that was like a *long* time ago. Got EZ now).

So, thanks, Eugenia, and I hope you'll still pop up every now and then on online discussions!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment