<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Why do you love me?



I just heard it for the first time! I just heard it for the first time! The new single from Garbage! I heard it! It's called "Why Do You Love Me?" and it rocks!

It's been a long wait, but the new album, Bleed Like Me, will be out internationally on april 11th. This album is the successor to the love-it-or-hate-it Beautifulgarbage. I, myself, am a huge fan of Beautifulgarbage, because this album was (and still is!) completely unique and one-of-a-kind. There is no band in the world that makes that kind of music.

Garbage as a whole is unique. One of the best, if not *the* best studio bands of the last 10 years. They took the musical world by storm in 1995 with the release of their titleless debut album. Singles such as "Queer" and "I'm Only Happy When It Rains" basically became instant classics.

3 years later the band, consisting out of (the beautiful) Shirley Manson, Duke Erkison, Steve Marker and Butch Vig (known as the producer of Nirvana's (ugh) Nevermind album), released their 2nd album, simply dubbed Version 2.0, an album with a more mature feel to it.

In 2001, after a long wait of 4 years, they sent a shockwave through their fanbase and the music world in general by releasing the utterly slick and hard-to-define Beautifulgarbage. This album was a 100% studio-album, and it contains the two most beautiful songs Garbage has ever written: "Cup Of Coffee" and "Drive You Home".

And now, coming monday, their 4th album will be released: Bleed Like Me. The first single I just saw on TV was, as usual, fantastic. It again showed a different sound-- without losing the typical Garbage elements such as layered lyrics and the combining of musical opposites (meaning they go from a really easy, soft-going sound to the hard razor-sharp Garbage-specific guitar riffs).

Yeah, I'm very excited! I waited years for this!!!
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

5:44 PM, by Blogger sugarfreespider

Wow I discoverd it before you and I watch so little tv. Either way, I agree with you, the song ROCKS! "Why do you love me, why do you love me, you're driving me crazy" It's so simple, but so great.
Only...that one slow part in the middle...too bad.    



5:45 PM, by Blogger sugarfreespider

Oh by the way, I'm spinning it now! As loud as the neighbours will let me...:)    



6:06 PM, by Blogger Thom Holwerda

Well I knew the album was comming but they originally planned it for a release in march... 2004. So I kinda lost track, and the Garbage website stopped being updated, so I just figured I'd wait until I saw it on TV/heard it on the radio.

The radio release of the single was in february-- this is my punishment for only listening to 538 in the car ;).    



8:40 AM, by Blogger sugarfreespider

Yes, shame on you!

(hmm deze zin heb ik drie keer opnieuw getypt, deze ook trouwens...I need a wake up call!)    



8:46 AM, by Blogger Thom Holwerda

Ik ook. Koffietijd!    



» Post a Comment