<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

University musings

Okay, I made a very important descision today about university...

I decided not to participate in the Research Methods II course ('Statistics Advanced', so to speak) altogether. Let me try to explain why.

The coming period (2.5 months) I will have to do the following things (the plus signs indicate the amount of time and the difficulty level involved, with 5 being the hardest):

- Res. Meth. II ('RM II') // +++++ // entire period // has exam;
- Intro Psych. Healthcare // +++ // entire period // very extensive assignments;
- Mentor Assignment // ++ // entire period // not difficult, just *a lot* of work;
- Exam Comm. Psy // ++++ // 25th april // difficult;
- Work Psy. // +++ // first half of period // failed this in my 1st year, has exam;
- Edu. Psy. // ++ // second half of period // failed this in my 1st year, has exam;
- [Exam Neuropsy. // +++ // end of may // only if I failed it (not sure yet)].

As you can see, this is quite a lot of work. Especially taking into account my mother's situation.

The problems are:

- You're only allowed to move on to the 3rd year when all courses of the 1st year are finished and passed;
- I cannot take a certain course in the 3rd year without having passed RM II.

This results in the fact that I *must* pass those two courses from last year; if I don't, then I'm screwed and stuck in the 2nd year. But seeing the amount of work I have coming now, I would *fail* on all of those if I tried them all. So, by taking out RM II (which I am probably not allowed to do anyway, as seen in my previous post), I get loads and loads of extra time, energy, and willpower to complete the other ones. Makes sense, don't it? I simply am not a very diligent and hardworking student; I enjoy my freetime and time with my friends and such and I am *not* willing to throw that away. Again, take into account my mother's situation.

This leaves one problem: that course in the 3rd year, which I will not be allowed to do. Well, I have the following solution: that course, called 'Research', starts somewhere in november 2005. RM II, which I must have in order to take the exam in Research, starts in April. BUT, and that's the solution, every course has an extra exam in the summer. So, I will simply follow the classes of Research, do not do the 1st exam, then do my RM II classes/exam, and then in the summer of 2006, I will do the extra Research exam. Wonderful, ain't it?

I won't even lose a year!

Took me four fcuking days to figure out...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment