<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Star Trek: Enterprise



Star Trek: Enterprise will go down after season 4 is over. I find this quite a sad thing; I'm one of the few that actually liked ENT from the first episode; I consider it a brilliant move to go back to the beginning of the Saga. Okay, the opening music theme sucks ass and always will, but that's insignificant. Especially the hunt for the Xindi was brilliant-- one big story squeezed into a whole season. It kept me on the edge of my seat during every episode; not even my favourite, Voyager, could do that.

Eugenia writes in her blog that she disagrees with common idea that Star Trek killed itself due to saturation fo the market. I have to disagree with her statement. I do think that Star Trek killed itself. I'm no expert at these sorts of matters, but all I know is that in the past 18 years, we've seen 4 series come by (TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT), and that's just too much. It doesn't matter how good those series are quality-wise; good food also tastes good but too much of it will still make you sick.

In The Netherlands, we're currently at season 4, episode 4 (Borderland). Quite exceptional, since normally Europe lags behind at least two years. Calculating onwards this means that ENT dies here at around september. Too bad. I'd much rather prefer ENT to finish the normal number of seasons, instead of early cancellation. It gives me the feeling that the story won't be finished properly. Like not being allowed to re-enter the cinema after the movie-break. Ugh.

Brannon Braga talks here about the cancellation of ENT. He also states that "too much trek" killed the franchise (for now, that is). I always hoped for a serious break in the ST world-- it's just been enough. 4 series in 19 years-- that's obviously too much. Still-- cancelling ENT so early is something I didn't expect. Understandable probably from a financial point-of-view, but I had hoped that the people deciding over these matters looked beyond the dollar signs. They obviously didn't.

Let's hope ST will return in a decade or so, for a new audience, with renewed energy. Although I disagree with ENT's canecallation, I do support the overall break from ST. It will get revived anyway, no matter what. I've got faith.

Meanwhile, support SaveEnterprise. God I can be a nerd sometimes. Now, where are my Bruce Springsteen records? Need some non-nerd stuff ;).
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

10:28 PM, by Anonymous Andre

After only 4 seasons :S ...
I really am a fan of enterprise ... (of all star trek) ...
I think that it is good, but if it stops ... what will happen then ?
I was even hoping for a movie of enterprise ... don't think that will happen :S///    



» Post a Comment