<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Open letter to the SkyOS community/dev team,

I removed this because I know it was out of line. As the Dutch readers will know, I've been through (and am going through) some pretty rough times, and it is definitely taking its toll on me. Add to that the bunch of ignorant fucks over at SkyOS.org and #skyos (*not* the developers, *not* most of the people there) who think they own the world with all their 15 years of life experience-- I wonder how they'd crawl away when they'd meet me face-to-face. Get some lives, kiddos, the world doesn't end at your mother's hands and the backdoor. It barely starts there.

I've been having bad news stacked on bad news lately, and this whole nonsense with those people there just didn't fit in. As is known, I have a temparement beyond recognition, so that didn't help either.

However, the SkyOS lead developer told me: "Learn who to ignore and who to listen to." I've taken this advice upon me and will, from now on, ignore the patricks of this world.

My apologies to the SkyOS dev team. However, some of my points made in the letter still count, even though in a lesser manner. But, I'm sure the devs know what I'm talking about.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

12:51 PM, by Anonymous Chris Marshall

Thom,

I wanted to clarify one thing on all this, the reason I wanted to have a discussion about this at present is for personal research. I am interested in determining why people like/dislike GUI features. Whilst the focus is on SkyOS I am not limiting it to just that.

I would like to propose a new forum be created on Expert-Zone that would allow us to continue this discussion in a neutral environment.    



1:06 PM, by Blogger Thom Holwerda

Agreed. We have a nice off-topic section for this.

Just let me clarify that this blog-post has nothing to do with the bloody UI, and I know you and others will understand.

There's something deeper about this.    



» Post a Comment