<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Leakage!!!

We have a huge leak in our plumbing system... Yesterday morning it started to rain inside the living room-- and after staring at it for a while we came to the conclusion that something must be wrong. We shut off the water and today the plumbers found the leak (after tearing apart our bathroom), and sealed it shut. They'll refit all the plumbing next week-- meaning I can only shower in our bathtub, and not in the real shower. Fuckin' hell.

---

This morning I woke up at 0600 knowing I wouldn't be able to take a refreshing shower-- the water was still shut off this morning so I had to wash my face and wash out my gelwax of yesterday with ice-cold Bar-Le-Duc natural springwater straight from the fridge-- bad idea in the morning... :). Of course it took a million times as longer as normal so I missed my bus. Not that big a deal-- now I had a legitimate excuse to take my bad-ass Micra. I parked my car at Alkmaar Noord, hopped onto the intercity to Amsterdam Central Station, met up with Mascha in the subway, and arrived in time at uni. Of course Mopsie was there as well (she came into the classrom smiling, man that made my day).

During break I finally was able to buy my Neuropsychology book! Yes, it took them 7 weeks, but they finally had my book! I had to whine 5 times and what not, but I had it! E70,- lighter I walked out. At the end of class I had to take care of some business for Lizet. After that, I went home. However, I took the wrong train and ended up at Alkmaar Central Station instead of Alkmaar Noord-- I thought hey let's be healthy so I started to walk to Noord, not realizing that's a 25 minute walk :).

---

And now I'm here! Yeah, what an eventuful day, ain't it? :P
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

4:01 PM, by Blogger sugarfreespider

Haha only 25 minutes?
I had a birthday once near Alkmaar Noord, after a lovely night at a bar in Amsterdam. I totally forgot I had to step out at Noord instead of Central, so I walked too. But...damn it was raining and I didn't even mind. I was a bit drunk so it didn't even matter to me that I took the wrong way and walked twice as long as I had to..

Have a nice day, by the way :)    



» Post a Comment