<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

That darn church

Reading that darn "The Da Vinci Code" got me all worked up again about the church.

I myself am not all too fond of the Catholic church-- having read Jesus' life story more than once I just know that the doctrine of the church is wrong in every aspect it can be. I've been to the Vatican. I've visited St. Pieter. I've seen all the enormous wealth and splendid of the Church.

It sickens me.

The Church is one of the richest organizations of the world; it also was one of the most powerfull ones. Imagine what the Church could do for the world if it used that wealth and potential power fo the good of the world, instead of for increasing its own wealth?

I'm of the opinion that if you really believe in God, Jesus, and his teachings, you'll be able to find God under every stone. Not just the "blessed" ones. No need for a religious institution that orders you how to practice your faith in God, or else...

No offence though to anyone.

However, I'm not religious at all. Officially, I'm a Roman Catholic, having been baptized, done my first communion, been balsemed by the Bisshop when I was twelve--- However, I lost my faith in God, Jesus and the church as soon as I opened my eyes and took a look at the world we live in today.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

5:00 PM, by Blogger Jenn

I totally agree with you. I felt the same way after reading the DaVinci Code.    



5:41 PM, by Blogger Thom Holwerda

Well, I didn't need this little book to find that out though ;).

The book is not particurlarly of high quality; it's a moviescript, nothing more, nothing less. It's too.... Americanized/Hollywoodized for me. Like, a lot of stereotypes about ie. Paris, Britisch people etc.

A nice read, however.    



» Post a Comment