<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

Mona Lisa

Felt like doing a post in English. I now have expanded my number of computers once again... I'm guarding a nice PII 400 that me mum bought from work. A nice 15" crt came with it-- it quickly replaced my 17", since I don't need 1280x1024, especially not at 60hz. This leaves me with an interesting set of computers:

  • Apple iBook - Architecture: PowerPC - Processor: 1.07 Ghz Freescale G4 - Screen: 12.1" tft - RAM: 256 MB - Videocard: Ati Radeon 9200 32MB - OS: Mac OS 10.3.8

  • Sun Ultra 5 - Architecture: SPARC (sun4u) - Processor: 64bit 270 Mhz UltraSPARC IIi - RAM: 128 MB - Videocard: Ati Mach64 4MB - OS: Solaris 9/Xfce 4.0.7

  • Self-Built - Architecture: x86 - Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1600+ (1397 Mhz) - RAM: 512 MB - Videocard: Ati Radeon 9000 128MB - OS: Novell Linux Desktop 9 & Ubuntu Linux 5.04

  • Compaq Deskpro - Architecture: x86 - Processor: Intel Pentium II 400 Mhz - RAM: 192 MB - Videocard: Matrox Millenium 8 MB - OS: BeOS (yT Zeta RC2)


  • Darn that's just too much. But hey, can't help it.

    ---

    I'm currently reading "The Da Vinci Code". I finally got to buying the English version of the most hyped book ever since the bible. I'm now at page 180 or something, and I must say it's nice. However, it doesn't live up the the hype. For instance: the lead character is *of course* American (who *happens* to be in Paris), he *of course* meets a beautiful French lady with whom he is deffinitely gonna kiss (and prolly more). Also, when that Franch lady thinks of her past, mostly about her and her grandfather, they speak in English. Reason? The grandfather wants her to speak English outside of school. *Yeah right*.

    The book was obviously written to be a moviescript.

    However, it's definitely a page-turner, not worth the buzz though.
    « Home | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »

    10:11 PM, by Blogger sugarfreespider

    Well, it ain't Dutch but I think I'll have to be on it between now and...a couple of years :)
    I like literature but I'm always slow with choices of books. You know, now everybody's on it (DaVinci C), I don't even want to read it. Because every lame person who sits with me in the same train, reads the same fucking book...not very amusing.
    Oh and have a nice weekend (it's 2 days away from now, but it sounds nice :)    



    10:37 PM, by Blogger Thom Holwerda

    Same here Wendy, same here. However, I was at Sloterdijk and I had to wait for like 20 minutes, so I knew I was gonna get bored. So I went to the McDonalds among book stores and bought the English version. It reads nicely, but it is indeed so hyped it's just not funny anymore.

    Nice weekend to you too, girl.

    X    



    4:26 AM, by Anonymous Anonymous

    I can't wait for the movie so it totally sucks.

    ziz    



    12:37 AM, by Blogger natan05

    I have been trying to find information on cpu benchmarks and found your blog. The information on blogs seems to be very different that what I can find on a normal search engine search. Anyways, I enjoyed your post.

    Thanks,
    --amd pro 3100 cpu    



    » Post a Comment