<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

My New Sun Ultra 5

Hi all! I'm making this post on my brand new Sun Ultra 5 computer! I'm friggin' happy with this machine-- for such an old model it performs remarkably well! I now have three computers with three completely different architectures: my iBook (PPC Arch.), this Sun box (SPARC Arch.) and my AMD machine (x86 Arch.) Obviously the first two are the better of the three. Anyway.

The specifications of the Sun Ultra 5:

  • 64bit UltraSPARC IIi processor, running at 270Mhz (roughly the equiv. of a 450mhz PII)

  • 256 kb external cache

  • 128 MB SDRAM

  • IDE Harddisk of 4.3 GB (definitely needs expansion)

  • Keyboard plated with steel :)


  • I'm running Solaris 9 with Xfce 4.0.6 on it, and I must say: wow! I never expected performance to be this good!

    ---

    Also, the Great Forum Mass Hysteria of 2005 appears to be dormant at the moment. But it will surely return. Well it's significant that the people singling me out were inconsistent, ripping things out of perspective, unfair, LYING (they: "You post so often about x86 being crap!", me: "Then show me 1 post where I said that.", they: Ugh. We can't, but, but..."), Americans (no offence, but the four people all are), young (a 15 year old telling me what to do? Is he out of his mind??) etc.

    Get out more, kiddos.
    « Home | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »
    | Next »

    » Post a Comment