<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d9152441\x26blogName\x3dCogs+can+think.\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://thom-holwerda.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d2507670256471114478', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Cogs can think.

I'm a mere, tiny, insignificant cog in a whole clockwork of stupidity.
The little cog that wanted to break free, I am.

My Aunt

Just had a long talk over the phone with my aunt who got fired earlier. It's just a shame how these sorts of thing always happen to the wrong people; she already has suffered so much in her life from disease, that I just cannot understand why this was supposed to happen to her.

She already was partially unfit to perform work due to her medical condition; so she wasn't making an awful lot of money in the first place. However, the company which fired her, does take good care of her. Her salary will continue to be paid for x months, and she did recieve a bonus of an x amount of money (x for privacy reasons). Still, I feel pissed about this. A 53 year old woman with medical complications... It will be so hard for her to find a new job. I hope with all my heart that she does.

PS: This phonecall broke a record: it lasted for 25 minutes and 15 seconds, obliterating my previous record of 17 minutes! Yeah, Bianc, the record ain't ours anymore... It now belongs to me and my aunt :). Why do I care, you ask? Well, I hate making phonecalls :).
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

8:10 AM, by Blogger sugarfreespider

hey dude, I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Same kind of thing happened to my mother recently. She has been a reliable employee for over 25 years and now it seems nobody really gives a fuck.. 'We don't need you anymore, and goodbye' You don't treat my mum like that! She's a divorced mother, who really has her whole heart in that business and now she's getting fired because she doesn't have the right degree...
Being refused at a few sollicitations, doesn't make her happier.. She just didn't deserved this!

And now I have to go to school and listen to poetry.    



2:37 PM, by Blogger Thom Holwerda

Well, it's the cold and harsh reality... My aunt stays really realistic and cool about it (family trait); one cannot change what's happened so no use in thinking about it. One can influence the future, but not the past (wow I'm deep).

Hope you had just as much fun in school as I had yesterday :).    



9:09 PM, by Blogger sugarfreespider

I had also a great day at school yesterday, hung around in the café from one 'till six, when my boy rang; asking if I'd joined dinner..wooops!

Anyways, how do you put these pictures on the blogs?    



9:45 PM, by Blogger Thom Holwerda

Easy enough. Just type: "<_img src="http://www.whatever.com/whatever.jpg">" (without the outer quotation marks; and, do *not* type that underscore (_), I only did that because else it would reject this post). This will render the image directly on your page.

I just increased your nerdness by two points :).    



2:49 PM, by Blogger sugarfreespider

Aight, times like these I really want to be a nerd! You're indications won't work when I follow them...weeeeh, thought it worked just like Cu2 and shit..or am I wrong now?    



» Post a Comment